Moderator: Verwaltung

Dan_the_mad_one
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:33651658
4played Profil

admin on the Dust server

Post by Dan_the_mad_one »

Hi,

I am playing lot of the time on the Dust only server. I recorded and submitted several demos in the last few weeks and the players using hacks were banned. In the meantime whenever I called for admin there was not ever any response. I have not ever seen admin on the Dust(only) server. Do you have there any admin?

It is very frustrating when regular players are gaming and a cheater comes destroying the game and there is none to help. I know that this is not your most popular server but there are some good core players who play there regularly.

We would appreciate this kind of support.
Thanks,
/\/\ /-\ |)

(You can reply in German, I will understand/ translate it but I would not be able to write in German myself and did not want to use the Google-Translator.)
Addythead
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:32408430
4played Profil

Re: admin on the Dust server

Post by Addythead »

Many of the admins do not play on the standard servers, you are right with your observation. There also seems to be a problem with the lack of response to !admincalls on the other servers of 4played, so it's not an isolated case. So either they need more admins to respond faster or get off their asses and actually be faster when it comes to cheaters (higher priority than cursing or swearing).
Dan_the_mad_one
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:33651658
4played Profil

Re: admin on the Dust server

Post by Dan_the_mad_one »

I observed another thing that could be changed for better. We do not have auto-kick (or auto- switch to spec) of AFK players on the Dust server. (I do not know the other servers as I play only here.) This can be rather annoying as I always try to join the weaker team- to make it even more weak perhaps :)
You join the team and realise that the only human player is AFK on that team. You initiate a votekick but people would not vote the AFK out. It is easier to win if on the opponent's team there is an AFK player instead of an active bot...

I understand that there aren't many actively playing admins; and you would not call admin to kick an AFK anyway. Configuring an autokick is not so hard; could we have it please?

Thanks,
/\/\ /-\ |)