Moderator: Verwaltung

whip
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:45195828
4played Profil

Admin applications?

Post by whip »

Hello,

I saw on the server to reach out on the forums if interested in becoming an Admin, which I very much am.

I admin'd on a CS Source 24/7 Assault + Rotate server for several years.

I picked up Source again after finding the 4Played 24/7 assault server and have logged a lot of hours on the server since. I would love to help out as an admin: I am on often and somewhat frequently encounter blatant cheaters that need to be banned, or CT outside campers that need to be slapped.

Would love to join the team if there is an opening.

Cheers!

Cool Whip.nom
Ed von Schleck
Ehemalig
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:19262731
4played Profil

Re: Admin applications?

Post by Ed von Schleck »

Hey whip,

thanks for your Application.

I've seen you play on our server a few times.
However, I have an important question: Can you speak or write in German? This is a prerequisite for the work of an admin.

Best regards and stay healthy

Ed von Schleck
Semper fidelis
One batch, two batch, Penny and Dime!
whip
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:45195828
4played Profil

Post by whip »

Thanks Ed, I unfortunately do not speak German. Please let me know if the prerequisites change as I truly feel I could add value to the server.

Thanks again, be well.
lolxd
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:535622702
4played Profil

Post by lolxd »

Hello Team,

I have noticed that Dust2 deathmatch is sometimes unmonitored, for example today i left the game because of a user playing music out load and did not even care or reply when i asked him to stop broadcasting the music, someone like needs needs to be notified with a warning and followed up with a ban if the user is not complying.

I need to as well comment on the German speaking part, since the users of 4played are starting to become more international, there is no need for all admins to be German speaking, as i noticed French, Russian, Arabic players etc so it we cannot as well demand having an admin for all these languages, i my self is Danish and today the world has come together in a way that the language should never be a barrier! and hey even if it is i can always ask my best friend to translate, Google! :D

Now having that said, i wanna ask about the option of being an admin or moderator or at least have the option to take action against a user behaving like the one did today.

For your info i am 38 years old family man.

Best regards
Honey-Mom
Leitung
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:21973834
4played Profil

Post by Honey-Mom »

Hey lolxd,

at first thanks for your interest to become an admin here at 4played.

I checked out your activity in the last weeks. At this time, I have to say, this isnt much enough for becoming an admin. (Watch pic 1)
Next point: You need to talk the german language. A few days ago we started a test with our new admin "Bi@". He is just able to talk the english language. We 'll see how the "project" is working.

Exception:
Bi@ is playing the whole day. (Watch pic 2)

Current we have to canel your application. If we need some new admins in future we could contact you if u want.
lolxd.jpg
lolxd.jpg (123.12 KiB) Viewed 4557 times
Bi@.jpg
Bi@.jpg (130.38 KiB) Viewed 4557 times
Sincerely
H o n e y - M o m
!! Folge 4played auch bei Facebook & Twitter !!

Steamgruppen / Steamgroups:
4played - Stammspieler
4played
Codermik
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:5376166
4played Profil

Admin applications

Post by Codermik »

Hello Team,

I wanted to first let you all know what a wonderful service you provide here - I absolutely love your Dust 2 server and there are some really friendly and skilled players on there. Ive been a CSS player since release when it was originally shipped with Half Life 2, I also play CS: GO but always seem to come back to Source.

You will usually find me on this Dust 2 server: 91.121.169.215:27135

A little bit about me...

I'm a 50 years old gamer who also plays World of Warcraft and many other games. However, I always seem to favor popping bullets in peoples heads on css lol. I live in Newcastle, England and hence my steam name, i'm a streamer outside of software development (Ive been a software developer for 30+ years).. games are my escape from the real world when I need it most.... developer deadlines stress etc.

I used to run servers myself many years ago, ran a clan and we were a proud member clanbase back then.

I'd love to put myself forward for Admin but sadly I cannot speak German - I have read this is a requirement but I still wanted to put my name forward just in case you need any additional help now or in the future.

Thanks for reading... im still rusty as hell on CSS with having a long break.. but its starting to come back.

Kindest Regards,

Michael (a.k.a. Codermik)
Ed von Schleck
Ehemalig
4played Profil

Post by Ed von Schleck »

Hey Codermik,

at first, thanks for your application. Also thanks, that you love playing on our servers.
When we have need of Admins, we may call you :)

Last but not least a little tipp of mine: Links in names are not allowed ;)

Kind regards

Ed v. Schleck
Semper fidelis
Codermik
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:5376166
4played Profil

Post by Codermik »

Ed von Schleck wrote: Thu 6. Aug 2020, 14:39 Last but not least a little tipp of mine: Links in names are not allowed ;)
Hi Ed von Schleck,

Thanks for replying.

I am happy to change it, not a problem - staying within the server rules is far more important to me.

At the moment its Twitch.tv | Codermik and I am more than happy to change it - would it be ok to remove the .tv so its no longer a valid link, it would then be Twitch | Codermik ?
Ed von Schleck
Ehemalig
4played Profil

Post by Ed von Schleck »

Codermik wrote: Thu 6. Aug 2020, 17:45
Ed von Schleck wrote: Thu 6. Aug 2020, 14:39 Last but not least a little tipp of mine: Links in names are not allowed ;)
Hi Ed von Schleck,

Thanks for replying.

I am happy to change it, not a problem - staying within the server rules is far more important to me.

At the moment its Twitch.tv | Codermik and I am more than happy to change it - would it be ok to remove the .tv so its no longer a valid link, it would then be Twitch | Codermik ?
That's perfect 😁
Semper fidelis