Moderator: Verwaltung

Septimus_
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:146453444
4played Profil

Stacking/Balance

Post by Septimus_ »

Hey,

every now and then i notice that teams are quite heavily stacked. This can be frustrating to play against as a few competent Players are well capable of completely controlling the Map or just key parts, ruining the enjoyment for others.
I have noticed balance being an issue especially when there is a less than 50% player count, where players congregating in one team is significantly more of an issue.
Also my experience is limited to the "Death Match" (DM) servers (Office/Dust2) as i prefer faster paced games.

My questions are:
* are there mechanisms in place that automatically balance the teams (on DM servers)?
* is it even possible to have a balance mechanism (maybe by overall KDA/score/accuracy or current performance) on DM servers since there are no rounds on these that would allow for easier shuffling of players?
* would it be an Option to introduce limited rounds (by time limit) to DM, to shuffle after these so teams are less "static"?

My impression has been that it feels rather unhealthy to have static team compositions, even more so when these compositions are poorly balanced to each other. Obviously people want to play with their friends in a team together but i feel that shouldn't be at the detriment of the average person playing.

Perhaps other players also have thoughts on how they perceive the balance. Also i would be curious to hear the thoughts of the Administrative staff on that topic.

Sincerely

Septimus
Blacky79
Ehemalig
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:540585501
4played Profil

Re: Stacking/Balance

Post by Blacky79 »

Hello Septimus,
thank you for your thoughts. We'll talk about it in the administration. I promise to give you a suitable answer to your question as soon as possible.

Sincerely

Blacky
Honey-Mom
Leitung
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:21973834
4played Profil

Re: Stacking/Balance

Post by Honey-Mom »

Hey Septimus,
Septimus_ wrote: Fri 15. Jan 2021, 12:14* are there mechanisms in place that automatically balance the teams (on DM servers)?
There is one possibility: Create rounds and roundlimits (time).
Septimus_ wrote: Fri 15. Jan 2021, 12:14* is it even possible to have a balance mechanism (maybe by overall KDA/score/accuracy or current performance) on DM servers since there are no rounds on these that would allow for easier shuffling of players?
1 year ago I discussed with our development about this idea. They answered that it would be a big work to configurate such an extensive system. Sorry.
Septimus_ wrote: Fri 15. Jan 2021, 12:14* would it be an Option to introduce limited rounds (by time limit) to DM, to shuffle after these so teams are less "static"?
The following is only my own mind. I am not thrilled with a time-/roundlimit on a deathmatch-server. You 're right with the team balancing. This would be more better and more balanced. A negative point is --> i guess many players are always leaving in the end of a round. If there is "no end" they will stay much longer in our servers :-).

Sincerely
H o n e y - M o m
!! Folge 4played auch bei Facebook & Twitter !!

Steamgruppen / Steamgroups:
4played - Stammspieler
4played