Moderator: Verwaltung

frankendoll
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:8448656
4played Profil

Information Request / Server Setup Help

Post by frankendoll »

Hi There,

Me and my friend recently got back into Counterstrike-Source after many years away and thankfully found your awesome servers, initially through Office DM and then taking up residence on 24/7 Assault or Aztec.

We have decided to rent our own server for 3 months to run some custom maps that we have both compiled over the years and would love to be able to set up our server similar to that of your Assault only server and hoped you could share some information on the addons/scripts you are using for your vipsystem/bots/rank/radio systems so that we may implement something similar (I am assuming this is mostly through metamod/sourcemod and eventscripts?) Any information you could share would be much appreciated as trying to hunt around diminishing forums these days is tedious and usually brings up outdated results.

Thanks for the awesome servers and keep doing what you do :fleh:

Frankendoll
Honey-Mom
Leitung
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:21973834
4played Profil

Re: Information Request / Server Setup Help

Post by Honey-Mom »

Hey hey,

thanks for your positive feedback.

We don't want to help you in this case. Sorry but we do not want to see the "same" server like ours :coffee: .
Nevertheless I wish you guys much luck with program your own servers.

Sincerly
H o n e y - M o m
!! Folge 4played auch bei Facebook & Twitter !!

Steamgruppen / Steamgroups:
4played - Stammspieler
4played
frankendoll
Spieler
4played Profil

Post by frankendoll »

Hey,

We had no intention to directly replicate what you do however as I am sure you are aware it is becoming harder and harder to find decent base programs to build from now for an ageing game and whilst disappointing I totally understand your decision and respect your honesty.

Take Care,
Frankendoll.
crazyassseal
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:5219379
4played Profil

Post by crazyassseal »

They secretly said you should make a cs_siege server if you do it.
frankendoll
Spieler
4played Profil

Post by frankendoll »

Haha, I see you are really pushing for a siege server, is it really that hard to find one these days?

To be fair we literally have 1 x 32 slot server and it is mainly going to be used for hosting a custom assault map I have been working on/off for nearly 10 years and a few of my other custom maps, maybe ag_texture2 and glassfloor could make an appearance but we have no plans for multiple servers or standard map rotations.
crazyassseal
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:5219379
4played Profil

Post by crazyassseal »

It is that hard which I find surprising. Like you I played the beta CS back in 99 and siege was a staple. They have some nice version of it. Here has it in the rotation in random 2 but no one goes there and its rare it pops up. I think it would be a big hit for all the older fans that played the original CS. Not sure why source never brought it over. But GL to you. sounds like a fun server. ive seen a few of them custom map servers before.