Moderator: Verwaltung

senthil.dragonballz
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:38472156
4played Profil

High Ping Resolution

Post by senthil.dragonballz »

Hey Hi,
I'm Senthil from India and I have been playing in your random maps server only for the past 3 months since this lockdown. I'm very much addicted to your server because of the perks (+HP for kills , Unlimited Amo , USP weapon choice ,etc) and very skilled players. Unfortunately my ping is over 170 and I use a 50mbps internet connection. I raised my internet plan to 100mbps just to reduce the ping and still it's 170+. Kindly suggest me weather is there any possibility to reduce the ping(Example - using a gaming VPN). Because of this high Ping my reaction time is varying and Bullets still hite even after the opponent stops firing. Kindly suggest your advise.
catmom30
Ehemalig
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:449883003
4played Profil

Re: High Ping Resolution

Post by catmom30 »

Hi Senthil,

thanks for your message and your praise of our servers.

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to reduce your ping, just of the reason that our servers are located in Central Europe and you reside in India. It is a big distance...

But, normally with that ping, you should not have any disadvantages when playing.

You can also try to end all open applications and do not download anything while playing, that`s the only advise we can offer.

Hope you will enjoy our servers and have a lot of fun!

Greetings,
Catmom30
LaMagra
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:4597948
4played Profil

Post by LaMagra »

I raised my internet plan to 100mbps just to reduce the ping and still it's 170+.
Ping has not much to do with bandwith. If you send data to the server, the server send an answer back to the client. Ping is the time between the sending and the receiving of the answer.
If you are geographical closer to the server, the ping is getting better. The servers of 4played are hosted in germany, so there is no chance to get a much better ping from india, sorry.

I hope you understand what i mean, it's not easy to write in a not native language if you are a little drunk :D
senthil.dragonballz
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:38472156
4played Profil

Post by senthil.dragonballz »

@catmom and LaMagra , Thanks for your timely feedback. I was going to buy a gaming VPN just to test it's effects on ping, but your advise saved me some money. So , basically I have to improve my skills rather worrying about the ping and right now I'm learning a lot from observing fellow players in 4 played server.
@LaMagra , I understood your point and thanks for sparing bit of your drink time to write a reply , and admin thanks for your timely response.
Naman
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:196518035
4played Profil

Post by Naman »

Hey I am from India too 170 ping is normal for me too .
The best you can do is switch networks but it will only drop to like 150-160 not a whole lot of difference given that ISP in India are complete fucking shit haha .
Also try restarting your WiFi ( the famous 10 second reboot) before getting in game :)
Naman
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:196518035
4played Profil

Post by Naman »

Also lol you can use your ping as an advantage too XD
If you peek someone they will be delayed by 170 ms+ their monitor refresh rate time so you will get an advantage that way :P but remember to anti strafe as well :)
unfit_admin
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:107248073
4played Profil

Post by unfit_admin »

We shall always enjoy triple digits latency ^^

Regards,
Luminary
V