Criticism, suggestions and support.

Moderator: Verwaltung

yunster
Spieler
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:0:7064102
4played Profil

Occasional invisible characters in game

Post by yunster »

I always thought this must be some VIP+ feature to become invisible in the game, but evidently it might be a glitch. Was trying to debug it while in the server. I did open the console and can again for debug logs if that might help, but I still am not sure if it's a feature or a bug or just me and a handful of others.

I've attached a sample, taken from my phone cam. There is a full model CT walking by in the background, next to an invisible model. This is a common issue for me to experience on 4played servers only.

Is it a feature? A glitch in my client?

I have done the following to no avail:

!settings -> disable models
Checked my nvidia graphic driver version, it is up to date
Verified my game integrity in steam, it came back 100%

I have never installed mods or any cheats or anything in my entire life in this game, so I don't have "aim bot" or anything else that could affect my client that I know of. I only download maps/assets that come from joining servers, which is standard.

Restarting computer/steam client has no effect, it has been this way since I started playing this server.+

Anyway, I've always just played around it until another guy came into a server today saying people are invisible and apparently I'm the only other guy who knows what that means (he wasn't talking about the transparency effect when first spawning/invincibility I don't think).

Cheers all
Attachments
invisible_model.jpg
invisible_model.jpg (153.4 KiB) Viewed 7106 times
yunster
Spieler
4played Profil

Re: Occasional invisible characters in game

Post by yunster »

And to clarify if it comes up, it is both teams that can produce models like this, not just CT or T. And when your crosshairs are over them, you can not tell what team they are until you shoot them, if they take damage it's an enemy one, otherwise it's a friendly.
Stefan
Development
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:11827467
4played Profil

Post by Stefan »

Thanks for the screenshot.

Does the problem occur daily or rarely at irregular intervals?

Which operating system do you use? And does the bug occur on all 4played servers?

Best regards
Stefan
JETZT 4PLAYED BEI TWITTER UND FACEBOOK FOLGEN!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/4playedDE | Facebook: http://fb.com/4played
yunster
Spieler
4played Profil

Post by yunster »

It is a fairly regular occurrence, but I don't know the pattern exactly. Only human players, never bots, so I've always assumed it has something to do with the custom models in the game. I can try to snap video footage next time it starts up, which will be evening time for me in general as that's when more humans tend to be online.

If there are some logs I can look at that might identify missing artefacts then let me know. I usually play on Dust2 DM [NoSniper] server, so that's where I notice it the most, but I have seen it on Dust2 Extended DM also before.

Also, I am on Windows 11 Home in this case.
yunster
Spieler
4played Profil

Post by yunster »

Another thing I recall is that after you do kill them, the model is then exposed correctly, which I think further reinforces the idea that it's custom models that cause it for me at least.
yunster
Spieler
4played Profil

Post by yunster »

I will attempt to identify the pattern over the next 1-3 days to see if I can find someone who is invisible to me, then figure out if they have a specific model in the game. This is sort of difficult for me to accomplish as it can get chaotic when a lot of humans are in the game, but I will give it my best shot. I am thinking to have someone spectate me when it is happening; if they see the model correctly then we would narrow down an issue that is specific to my setup[?].

If there is anything else to help triage this let me know. The fact that it is not a global issue makes me suspect I have a setup that is out of sync, in spite of the fact that Steam says the game file integrity is 100%. Could also still be a graphics driver issue in my laptop GeForce RTX 3080 TI "laptop GPU" and it makes me curious if recording in game would expose the correct models or not.
yunster
Spieler
4played Profil

Post by yunster »

I was not prepared entirely but here are two videos that were hastily taken over the shoulder from phone camera. Apologies for lack of quality. Lets get to the bottom of it.
VID_20230804_223959_188.mp4
(2.99 MiB) Downloaded 97 times
VID_20230804_223954_640.mp4
(5.94 MiB) Downloaded 90 times
TBC|Snake
Ehemalig
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:4605771
4played Profil

Post by TBC|Snake »

Ok just checked it. "Gerasim is a bot with Guerilla Warfare modell" https://logs.4played.de/permalink/240/c ... 3/46187762

Technichians will have a look
Snake

TBC|Snake
Ehemalig
Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:4605771
4played Profil

Post by TBC|Snake »

Nvidia GeForce Experience.JPG
Nvidia GeForce Experience.JPG (233.24 KiB) Viewed 6962 times
Yunster,

you can check if you have "optimized" the game with NVidia GeForce Experience - try "resetbutton"
Snake

yunster
Spieler
4played Profil

Post by yunster »

Screenshot 2023-08-04 170541.png
Screenshot 2023-08-04 170541.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 6971 times
It is this, currently